recent articles/studies on the ANE

  • Jgibson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2013
      I'd be grateful for bibliographic suggestions for/links to the best post
      2009 essays and journal articles on the following ANE topics

      * Ancient monuments
      * Technology evolution
      * ANE Religion
      * the afterlife
      * how we know what we know about the ANE
      * lost literature

      I'd also be grateful for references/links to recent articles/essays or
      books that have appeared since 2009 that have changed (or have the
      potential to change) our views on matters ANE.

      With thanks in advance,

      Jeffrey

      --
      ---
      Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 20, 2013
        Dear Jeffrey,

        You could start with the series Changing Perspectives (Equinox-Acumen). Each volume includes essays over the last thirty-forty years of people who have been active in "changing the perspectives". Three volumes so far, by John Van Seters, Thomas Thompson, and Niels Peter Lemche. Next will be by Philip R. Davies. After that follows a volume by Keith Whitelam, and then another one by Mario Liverani (which I will edit).

        These collections really give a good impression of the status in OT studies some forty years ago and to the beginning of this century.

        Niels Peter Lemche

        PS: If you had been to the IOSOT meeting two weeks ago in Munich, you wouldn't have realized that anything had happened.