Re: [ANE-2] King David’s Palace Uncove red in the Judean Shephelah

  • Peter van der Veen
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 18 9:02 AM
      Dear Christopher,

      That is a difficult question to answer. The way to know for sure is to speak to him in private ;-)

      Best

      Peter van der Veen
      Visiting scholar
      Mainz University

      Am 18.07.2013 um 16:55 schrieb Christopher Jones:

      > Is it possible that Garfinkel is simply playing up the David aspect of
      > Qeiyafa as part of the campaign to keep the area from being bulldozed
      > and turned into a housing development as was proposed last year?
      >
      > Christopher Jones
      > Graduate Student, Archaeology
      > Wheaton College
      >
      > On 07/18/2013 04:03 AM, Antonio Lombatti wrote:
      >>
      >> I'd add a "?" to the title...
      >>
      >> Anyway, here's the link:
      >>
      >> http://www.antiquities.org.il/about_eng.asp?Modul_id=14
      >>
      >> Antonio Lombatti
      >> http://www.antoniolombatti.it
      >>

      > --
      > Christopher Jones
      > cjones89@...
      > http://riversfromeden.wordpress.com/

    • Doug Weller
      Message 51 of 51 , Jul 19 11:34 AM
        Hi Brian,

        Anyway, isn't the Samaritan Book of Joshua dated to around the 13th
        century CE, so is irrelevant?
        Doug

        Friday, July 19, 2013, 6:27:19 PM, you wrote:

        > Ian,

        > Great, so now we have to explain why we haven't found "made by
        > David" inscriptions for a dozen or more Amorite rulers?! One was challenging enough!

        > best,

        > R. Brian Roberts
        > Charlotte, NC

        Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
        Director The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com
        Doug's Skeptical Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk