Call for Papers: Connections and disconnections in the Prehistory and Protohistory of the Levant

  • Ianir Milevski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2013
      Session B4: North-South Connections and Disconnections in the Prehistory and Protohistory of the Levant

      Congress of the International Union of Prehistoric and Protohistoric Sciences
      Burgos, Spain, September 1-7, 2014

      Ianir Milevski, Fanny Bocquentin & Miquel Molist (coordinators)

      ianirmilevski@...

      The Levant, the westernmost area of the Near East, is one of the areas with the largest concentration of prehistoric and protohistoric sites. It has witnessed radical changes in the history of mankind, and even in its "prehistory" -the evolution of hominins since the "out of Africa" processes, especially in the Great Rift valley.

      The Neolithic revolution, the emergence of metallurgy and the urban revolution in the Levant have been one of the greatest expressions of major changes in which humanity was involved. On these issues we have countless fieldwork and research works.

      However, the connections and disconnections between Northern and Southern Levant have been less studied. We assume that such comparisons will highlight those processes and will also promote better studies in each of the Levantine
      geographic areas.

      The goal of this session is to focus on those connections and differences and bring together researchers working in different areas of the Levant. We call especially colleagues working on the Chalcolithic and the Early Bronze Age to send us their proposals untill the end of August 2013, including a title and an abstract of around 200 words.

      Please find more information, as well as registration and proposal forms at www.burgos2014uispp.es, the official congress UISPP website.