New Issue of Paleorient;--hot off the press

  • eliot braun
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2013
      Dear Colleagues,
        I am pleased to announce the appearance of the latest issue of Paleorient: Following is a list of the contents:

      Paleorient: Issue 39.1, 2013:  Thematic issue
      “The Transition from Late Chalcolithic to Early Bronze Age
      in the southern Levant” coordinated by E. Braun and V. Roux.

      In Memoria: Jean Perrot (G. Dollfus and B. Vandermeersch),
      Tony Legge (P. A. Rowley-Conwy), and Irene Good (E. and P. T. Barber).

      Articles:
      1. E. Braun and V. Roux--The Late Chalcolithic to Early
      Bronze Age I Transition in the Southern Levant: Determining Continuity.

      2. E. Braun, E. C. M van den Brink, J. Regev, E. Boaretto
      and S. Bar--Aspects of Radiocarbon Determinations and the Dating of the
      Transition from the Chalcolithic Period to Early Bronze Age I in the Southern
      Levant.

      3. E. C. M. van den Brink--A Late Chalcolithic to Early
      Bronze Age I Progression at the Buchman South Quarter in Modi’in in the Central
      Piedmont (Shephela) of Israel.

      4. V. Roux, E. C. M. van den Brink and S. Shalev--Continuity
      and Discontinuity in the Shephela (Israel) between the Late Chalcolithic and
      the Early Bronze I: The Modi’in “Deep Deposits” Ceramic Assemblages as a Case Study.

      5. Y. Paz and A. Nativ--A Case for a Post-Ghassulian Entity.

      6. A. Golani--The Transition from the Late Chalcolithic to
      the Early Bronze I in Southwestern Canaan--Ashqelon as A Case for Continuity.

      7. J. Vardi and I. Gilead--Chalcolithic-Early Bronze Age I
      Transition in the Southern Levant: The Lithic Perspective.

      8. U. Davidovich--The Chalcolithic-Early Bronze Age
      Transition: A View from the Judean Desert Caves, Southern Levant.

      9. S. A. Rosen--Evolution in the Desert: Scale and
      Discontinuity in the Central Negev (Israel in the Fourth Millennium BCE.

      10. W. Abu-Azizeh--The South-Eastern Jordan’s
      Chalcolithic-Early Bronze Age Pastoral Nomadic Complex: Patterns of Mobility
      and Interaction.

      11. U. Hartung--Some Remarks on the Chronological Position
      of the Predynastic Settlement at Maadi (Egypt) and its Relations to the
      Southern Levant.

      12. I. Milevski--The Transition from the Chalcolithic to the
      Early Bronze Age of the Southern Levant in Socio-economic Context.

      Recensions/Book Reviews
      1. F. Brunet and M. Tengberg: D. R. Harris (ed.) and
      individual authors, Origins of Agriculture in Western Central Asia. An
      Environmental-Archaeological Study. U. of Penn museum of Archaeology and
      Anthropology, 2010.

      2. V. Roux: A. Gallay, Pour une ethnoarchéologie thérique,
      Mérites et limites de l’analogie ehtnographique. Paris: Errance, 2011.

      3. F. Hole: O. Aurenche, Vous avez dit ethnoarchéologue?
      Choix d’articles (1972-2007) (Série Archéologique 16), Lyon: Maison de l’Orient
      et de la Méditerranée, 2012.

      4. T. Watkins: I. Hodder, Entangled: An Archaeology of
      the Relationships between Humans and Things. Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell,
      2012.

      5. A. Ronen: The Earlier Paleolithic of Syria.
      Reinvestigating the Evidence from the Orontes and Euphrates Valleys (University
      of Southhampton Series in Archaeology 7). (BAR Int. Ser. 2341; Oxford: British
      Archaeological Reports, 2012.

      Eliot Braun, Ph D
      PO Box 21, Har Adar 90836 Israel
      Tel 972-2-5345687, Cell 972-50-2231096