New and Recent Titles from Eisenbrauns

  • jimeisenbraun
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013
      During the past 6 months, Eisenbrauns has issued more new publications
      that at any time in our 38 years of existence. And you may have missed
      one or more of these books. So here's a quick partial list of
      authors/titles with links to the book on our Web site. In the future, if
      you don't want to miss any of these books, we recommend that you
      subscribe to our BookNews list, which you can do at this link:

      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/pages/BOOKNEWS

      Here's a subject-oriented listing of some recent titles of interest to
      people on this list; follow the links provided to get further
      description and a Table of Contents—

      Just Published—

      Lluís Feliu et al., eds., "Time and History in the Ancient Near East:
      Proceedings of the 56th Rencontre Assyriologique Internationale,
      Barcelona, July 26–30, 2010" $129.50.
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/RAI56

      R. M. Kolev, "The Babylonian Astrolabe: The Calendar of Creation" (State
      Archives of Assyria Studies 22) $79.50.
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/KOLBABYLO

      Archaeology (some important and long-awaited titles)—

      I. Finkelstein et al., eds., "Megiddo V: The 2004-2008 Seasons" (in
      cooperation with the Institute of Archaeology, Tel Aviv University). 3
      volumes. $289.85.
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/FIN4MEGID

      J. D. Seger and J. Hardin, eds., "Gezer VII: The Middle Bronze and Later
      Fortifications in Fields II, IV, and VIII." $99.50.
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/SEG7GEZER

      Eric M. Meyers and Carol M. Meyers et al., "Sepphoris I: The Pottery
      from Ancient Sepphoris." $59.50.
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/MEY1SEPPH

      New Series: Critical Studies in the Hebrew Bible—

      Bernard M. Levinson, "A More Perfect Torah: At the Intersection of
      Philology and Hermeneutics in Deuteronomy and the Temple Scroll" [CSHB
      1] $24.95.
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/LEVMOREPE
      Series information: http://www.eisenbrauns.com/pages/cshb

      Ancient Near East and Related—

      Bernard F. Batto, "In the Beginning: Essays on Creation Motifs in the
      Ancient Near East and the Bible" [Siphrut 9]. $42.50.
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/BATINTHEB

      Cooley, Jeff, "Poetic Astronomy in the Ancient Near East: The Reflexes
      of Celestial Science in Ancient Mesopotamian, Ugaritic, and Israelite
      Narrative" [HACL 5]. $54.50.
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/COOPOETIC

      Biblical Studies (Partial selection)—

      Knut M. Heim, "Poetic Imagination in Proverbs: Variant Repetitions and
      the Nature of Poetry" [BBRSup 4]. $69.50.
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/HEIPOETIC

      Mark J. Boda, Tremper Longman III, and Cristian G. Rata, eds., "The
      Words of the Wise Are like Goads: Engaging Qohelet in the 21st Century."
      $64.50
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/BODWORDSO

      Lowery, Daniel D., "Toward a Poetics of Genesis 1–11: Reading
      Genesis 4:17-22 in Its Near Eastern Context" [BBRSup 7]. $47.50
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/LOWTOWARD

      Boda, Mark J., and Wray Beal, Lissa M., Prophets, "Prophecy, and Ancient
      Israelite Historiography." $54.50
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/BODPROPHE

      Steven T. Mann, Run, "David, Run: An Investigation of the Theological
      Speech Acts of David's Departure and Return (2 Samuel 14–20)"
      [Siphrut 10]. $34.50
      http://www.eisenbrauns.com/item/MANRUNDAV

      —Jim Eisenbraun, Publisher, Eisenbrauns