Re: Re: [ANE-2] Late Rome

  • Mark Watson
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 4, 2013
      This book (which I don't have):

      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roman-Imperial-Mausoleum-Late-Antiquity/dp/0521513715

      � has the following appendix, which may provide a more definitive answer.

      �Ubi sepulti sunt�: The Burial Places of Roman Emperors and Members of Their Families from Caracalla (217) to Anastasius (518)"

      In the absence of that:

      Valentinian III is traditionally associated with the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia in Ravenna, though the tombs there seem to be of later provenance. Olybrius seems a decent bet as, apart from dying in Rome, his daughter went on to found churches there. Honorius (d. 423) and Theodosius II (d. 450) were, according to Prosper of Aquitaine, buried in the mausoleum of Santa Petronilla, near St. Peters.

      --
      Mark Watson
      London, UK