Dead Sea Scrolls: Life in Ancient Times Graduate Symposium at Brandeis Univ.

  • James
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2013
      Dear All,

      I am please to forward the following, and apologies for cross-postings.

      --James D. Moore, Brandeis University

      ____

      I am writing to you on behalf of the planning committee of the Dead Sea
      Scrolls: Life in Ancient Times Graduate Symposium, an event that will
      take place at Brandeis University on October 6, 2013. The Symposium is
      designed as a venue for graduate students to present their original work
      on the literature, archaeology, and historical context of the Dead Sea
      Scrolls. A call for papers is now open, and we are accepting abstracts
      on a variety of topics. The symposium is open to all students,
      particularly those from the Northeast, to attend and to submit papers.

      Abstract submissions are due by July 15, 2013. Please see
      http://go.brandeis.edu/dss-symposium
      <http://go.brandeis.edu/dss-symposium> for details and to submit an
      abstract.

      The Symposium also seeks poster submissions from graduate and
      undergraduate students.

      Attendance is free of charge but registration is required.

      The Symposium is organized to coincide with a special exhibition at the
      Museum of Science, Boston, titled Dead Sea Scrolls: Life in Ancient
      Times (May 19–Oct 20) (http://www.mos.org/exhibits/dead-sea-scrolls
      <http://www.mos.org/exhibits/dead-sea-scrolls> ). Brandeis is the
      educational partner for this exhibition, and is planning a variety of
      related events (www.brandeis.edu/dead-sea-scrolls
      <http://www.brandeis.edu/dead-sea-scrolls> ). This Symposium will also
      coincide with Massachusetts's Archaeology Month and a special exhibition
      of first-century artifacts on display at Brandeis University.

      I would like to invite the students of your department to submit papers
      and to register for this unique opportunity. We ask for your help in
      spreading the word about this special event. We also encourage faculty
      members to think about the applicability of this symposium to their fall
      courses as they write syllabi.

      Please email any questions to <mailto:DSSGradSymposium@...>
      DSSGradSymposium@... <mailto:DSSGradSymposium@...> .

      On behalf of the committee, I thank you for helping us make this
      opportunity a valuable learning and professional experience.

      James D. Moore, Ph.D. Student

      The Committee for the Dead Sea Scrolls: Life in Ancient Times Graduate
      Symposium

      Brandeis University