Re: [ANE-2] On decipherment of Linear B

    Message 1 of 7 , May 12 12:06 PM
      Ms. Fox is an employee of the NY Times ...

      She sent an announcement of the book to the newsgroup sci.lang (to which she has never before contributed), but her announcement doesn't say anything about giving special attention to Kober.

      Andrew Robinson's bio of Ventris is basically unreadable and I can't say whether he paid due attention to her work. (If Ventris, who is always identified as an architect, built any buildings, I couldn't find mention of them in the index or the photos. His subsequent bio of Thomas Young, who felt himself in competition with Champollion in deciphering Egyptian, is rather better, perhaps because Young was a polymath ("The last man who knew everything") so there was much more to tell than the hieroglyphic story.)
      Jersey City