Fw: [ANE-2] On decipherment of Linear B

  • eliot braun
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2013
      I apologize and stand corrected. I'm an ignoramus concerning Linear B and I tend to believe what I read in the NY Times.

      Eliot Braun, Ph D
      PO Box 21, Har Adar 90836 Israel
      Tel 972-2-5345687, Cell 972-50-2231096

      Message 2 of 7 , May 12, 2013
        Ms. Fox is an employee of the NY Times ...

        She sent an announcement of the book to the newsgroup sci.lang (to which she has never before contributed), but her announcement doesn't say anything about giving special attention to Kober.

        Andrew Robinson's bio of Ventris is basically unreadable and I can't say whether he paid due attention to her work. (If Ventris, who is always identified as an architect, built any buildings, I couldn't find mention of them in the index or the photos. His subsequent bio of Thomas Young, who felt himself in competition with Champollion in deciphering Egyptian, is rather better, perhaps because Young was a polymath ("The last man who knew everything") so there was much more to tell than the hieroglyphic story.)
        Jersey City