Gambling in the ANE

  • Daniel Grolin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15 4:19 AM
      Hi,

      I am looking for work done on the practice of gambling in the ANE.

      Regards,

      Daniel Grolin
      Odense, DK

      Sent from Huawei MediaPad
    • MarcC
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16 9:07 AM
        You might try Ada Tagar-Cohen, "The Casting of Lots among the Hittites in Light of Ancient Near Eastern Parallels," JANES 29 pp. 97-103. There is a small section on the possibility of casting lots for gambling.

        Marc Cooper
        Missouri State University