fellowship opportunities for recent humanities Ph.D. recipients

  • Charles E. Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2013
      Forwarded for the undersigned

      I write to ask for your help in spreading news of a fellowship opportunity for recent Ph.D. recipients who are interested in long-term careers outside the academy. My organization, JSTOR, is acting as a partner in this fellowship program.

      The American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) is accepting applications to the Public Fellows Program. The program, which is in its third year, will place 20 recent Ph.D.s from the humanities and humanistic social sciences in two-year staff positions at partnering organizations in government and the nonprofit sector. Fellows will participate in the substantive work of these organizations and receive professional mentoring. Compensation is competitive and includes health benefits for the fellow. The Public Fellows Program is a fellowship program offered by the American Council of Learned Societies with generous funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.

      JSTOR is one of the 20 participating organizations in this year's Public Fellows Program. We seek a recent Ph.D. recipient to work in our Content Development Unit on building the next generation of discipline-based digital collections for research and teaching. A full description of our open Public Fellow position, as well as descriptions of the positions available at the other participating organizations, eligibility criteria, and the online application form, are available at http://www.acls.org/programs/publicfellows/. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 (6.00pm EDT). Questions about the program and all the open positions should be directed to ACLS via the URL above.

      Any help you can offer in forwarding this to interested recent Ph.D. recipients or to your institution's career center would be greatly appreciated.

      With many thanks,
      Matt Loy
      JSTOR
      matthew.loy@...<mailto:Matthew.loy@...>