WINGLYPH

  • Amanda-Alice Maravelia
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2013
      Dear List:

      After having "suffered" with the incapacity of WINGLYPH to run in the WINDOWS 7 (64-bit) environment
      (though it runs with only few minuses in both VISTA and WIN 7/32-bit), I would like to inform you about
      the following, sharing some very helpful information:

      1. WINGLYPH is most probably the BEST editor until now and its Library and results are excellent.
      2. The last version of WINDOWS in the frame of which it functions perfectly is XP.
      3. If somebody has only WIN 7 64-bit and wants to run WINGLYPH on his/her machine there is a perfect
      and easy solution, that makes this possible. I mannaged to find it after some time of search and difficulties,
      being only able during that period to use WINGLYPH on my PC that functions with WIN XP ...

      All interested colleagues are welcome to contact me PERSONALLY for more information.

      Kind regards,

      Dr Amanda-Alice MARAVELIA.

      Hellenic Institute of Egyptology
      http://hiegaker.wordpress.com/

    • Amanda-Alice Maravelia
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
        Dear List:

        In the context of the next IAE Conference, all Colleagues who are interested in participating in the forth-
        coming Session of Archaeoastronomy/Ancient Egyptian Cosmography (and the like) of the 11th Interna-
        tional Conference of the IAE (Alexandria: BibAlex, September 2013), are kindly welcome to send their
        abstracts and/or ideas to me personally, however off-list.

        Please note that the subjects must not be necessarilly explicitly astronomical; that is they may have only
        a few or at least superficial astronomical and/or cosmovisional undertones, e.g.: the cosmetic spoons with
        a swimming girl alluding to Nut [cf. Dr Kozzloff's work], or other similar themes are highly welcome. An
        inter-connection with funerary practices and related magical tools (e.g.: for the wp-r3 liturgy) would be
        also a very good topic [cf. Dr Roth's work]. If there are also a few good and original proposals concer-
        ning the ancient Egyptian Mathematics and computational methods (e.g.: fractions and their reduction to
        unitary-ones, volumes & c.) that would be also highly acceptable. Currently there is an ongoing peer-re-
        view process for the selection of the best papers.