Re: [ANE-2] Re: meta ANE-2

  • Jgibson
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 16, 2013
      On 2/16/2013 12:08 PM, Stephen Goranson wrote:
      > I wonder if Raphael Golb got the idea of writing under assumed names, as a sockpuppet, from Ian Hutchesson, who also wrote in support of all the Qumran scrolls coming from Jerusalem and having no Essene connection

      It may well be. But he intimated in his response to the indictment that
      he got the idea to do so from me, since he assumed the truth of the
      claim made by a crank named Geoff Hudson that I not only owned every
      Biblical studies list out there but that I incessantly posted under a
      variety of names (including Charles Gadda [so much for his prescience]
      and as you know, Stephen, you as well) so that I could argue with myself.
      > . He evidently used assumed names on the old ane list and the old orion list. From the latter archives (online) he wrote as John J. Hays [not John H. Hayes of Emory U.] in 1998 and Ann L. Kraemer [not Ross S. Kraemer] in 1999 and as Ann Elk in 1999.
      He posts today on at least one list under the "name" of "Spin".

      Jeffrey

      --
      ---
      Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 16, 2013
        On 2/16/2013 12:08 PM, Stephen Goranson wrote:
        > I wonder if Raphael Golb got the idea of writing under assumed names, as a
        > sockpuppet, from Ian Hutchesson, who also wrote in support of all the
        > Qumran scrolls coming from Jerusalem and having no Essene connection

        It may well be. But he intimated in his response to the indictment that
        he got the idea to do so from me, since he assumed the truth of the
        claim made by a crank named Geoff Hudson that I not only owned every
        Biblical studies list out there but that I incessantly posted under a
        variety of names (including Charles Gadda [so much for his prescience]
        and as you know, Stephen, you as well) so that I could argue with myself.
        > . He evidently used assumed names on the old ane list and the old orion
        > list. From the latter archives (online) he wrote as John J. Hays [not John
        > H. Hayes of Emory U.] in 1998 and Ann L. Kraemer [not Ross S. Kraemer] in
        > 1999 and as Ann Elk in 1999.
        He posts today on at least one list under the "name" of "Spin".

        Jeffrey

        --
        ---
        Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.
        1500 W. Pratt Blvd
        Chicago, IL
        jgibson000@...

        As co-moderators for years, you and I have seen all kinds of
        cyber-nuttiness, but to deflect from Golb and his trial to something that
        would actually be interesting, just what solid evidence is there that the
        people of the DSS and the people of the Qumran ruin were one and the same?

        Jack

        Jack Kilmon
        Houston, TX