Herodian exhibition Israel Museum

  • Joe Zias
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2013
      Colleagues I just returned from the exh. opening which is terms of archaeological exhibitions has to be one of the best ever hear in Israel, on par with what one would expect in NY, Rome, London, Paris. Incredible layout, conception as it includes not only Herodium and the tomb found there, which like a Greek tragedy is what killed Ehud, who fell to his death there after finally after 40 yrs of research, finding what he had been searching for, but  the Herodian palaces at Masada, Jericho, Caeseria as well. There is also a nice catalog for 200 NIS. Anyway, its a must see and Ehud would have been proud. Despite the large crowd, the one hour wait in line was well worth it.

      Joe Zias www.joezias.com
      Anthropology/Paleopathology

      Science and Antiquity Group - Jerusalem
      Jerusalem, Israel