Avigdor Hurowitz

  • larry stillman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2013
      I am very sad to hear of Avigdor's passing.

      He (and Anne) were neigbours in Jerusalem in the1970s, when I was but a
      fledgling assyriology student. The last time I spoke to him was a few
      years ago when he was in Sydney for a conference but I had obligations
      in Melbourne. I had been hoping that he would come to Melbourne to ride
      the trams--trams (and if I remember correctly, songs about trolley cars)
      were one of his obsessions as an old Philly boy, but he never made it to
      take a ride with me.

      However, due to email, of course over the years, I received many of his
      hilarious Akkadanised responses to inquires.

      A terrible, premature loss to all and his family

      Larry Stillman,
      Melbourne.

      Larry Stillman, PhD
      Senior Research Fellow