Re: [ANE-2] FW: [agade] SAD NEWS: Victor Avigdor Hurowitz (1948-2013)

  • Sheila Michaels
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
      really too bad. My condolences to you as a colleague.

      Sheila Michaels: sent from iPad

> [...]

    • Joseph I. Lauer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
        Just over four years ago, after he sent me a picture of him standing
        with Dr. Avi Hurvitz, I asked Victor (in an e-mail) what was written in
        cuneiform on his sweater vest.
        He answered, "The vest says "Mr. A-wi-ig-dur", same things as is on my
        kippah."
        I cherish the many years of correspondence I had with him on many
        subjects and miss his wit and wisdom.
        May his family and many friends find some consolation in happy memories.
        Yehi Zichro Baruch!

        Joseph I. Lauer
        Brooklyn, New York
      • Lisbeth S. Fried
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
          His kippa was knitted for him by his wife, Ann.

          Liz Fried