Re: Ugaritic á¹­lb 'to desire, seek, demand', Arabic á¹­lb - other Semitic cognates?

  • stewartfelker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2013
      Oops, guess the Unicode or whatever got messed up. This is supposed to be a TETH at the beginning - that is, _tlb_ (as in Arabic talib, 'seeker').

      SF
    • Michael F. Lane
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 20, 2013
        It appeared correctly in my e-mail.

        It's not my area at all, but I think a recall Tropper's Ugaritic Grammar
        having a section on Ugaritic-Arabic isoglosses, so that may be a place to
        start, for fear of stating the obvious.

        Michael Lane
        University of Maryland Baltimore County