Sanitation, stormwater and wastewater technologies in ANE

  • imbros03
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2013
      Hello,

      I will appreciate if somebody can provide some references regarding sanitation, stormwater and wastewater technologies in ANE.

      Is anyone aware if these topics have been referred in proverbs, king letters or other ANE "literary" works?

      I have already collected material from the following publications:

      - Alizadeh A (2008) Chogha Mish II. The development of a prehistoric regional center in lowland Susiana, southwestern Iran. Final Report on the last six seasons of excavations, 1972â€"1978. Oriental Institute Publications, vol. 130, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL

      -Delougaz P, Hill HD, Lloyd S (1967) Private houses and graves in the Diyala region. Oriental Institute Publications, vol. LXXXVIII, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL

      -Ludwig W (1977) Mass, sitte und Technick des Bauens in Habuba Kabira Sud. In:Margueron JC (ed) Le Moyen Euphrate, zone de contacts et d’échanges, Actes du Colloque deStrabourg, pp. 63â€"74

      -Stordeur D (2000) L’espace villageois d’El Kowm 2-Caracol. Organisation, limites et traditions architecturales. In Stordeur D (ed) El Kowm 2 : une île dans le désert â€" La fin du néolithique précéramique dans la steppe syrienne.CNRS Editions, Paris, pp. 87â€"94

      -Vallet R (1997) Habuba Kebira ou la naissance de l’urbanisme. Paleorient 22/2:45â€"76

      -Stone E, Zimansky P (2004) The Anatomy of a Mesopotamian City. Survey and Soundings at Mashkan-shapir. Eisenbrauns

      Best Regards,

      Aldo Tamburrino
      University of Chile
    • cookies4gudea
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013
        Dear Aldo,

        There's one book with a special focus on that topic, but published in German. It gives a very good overview and can guide you to further literature:

        Hemker, C. (1993) Altorientalische Kanalisation. Untersuchungen zu Be- und Entwässerungsanlagen im mesopotamisch-syrisch-anatolischen Raum. Abhandlungen der Deutschen Orient-Gesellschaft 22, Münster.

        With kind regards,
        Simone Mühl
        Inst. of Near Eastern Archaeology, University of Munich

        --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "imbros03" wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I will appreciate if somebody can provide some references regarding sanitation, stormwater and wastewater technologies in ANE.
        >
        > Is anyone aware if these topics have been referred in proverbs, king letters or other ANE "literary" works?
        >
        > I have already collected material from the following publications:
        >
        > - Alizadeh A (2008) Chogha Mish II. The development of a prehistoric regional center in lowland Susiana, southwestern Iran. Final Report on the last six seasons of excavations, 1972â€"1978. Oriental Institute Publications, vol. 130, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL
        >
        > -Delougaz P, Hill HD, Lloyd S (1967) Private houses and graves in the Diyala region. Oriental Institute Publications, vol. LXXXVIII, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL
        >
        > -Ludwig W (1977) Mass, sitte und Technick des Bauens in Habuba Kabira Sud. In:Margueron JC (ed) Le Moyen Euphrate, zone de contacts et d’échanges, Actes du Colloque deStrabourg, pp. 63â€"74
        >
        > -Stordeur D (2000) L’espace villageois d’El Kowm 2-Caracol. Organisation, limites et traditions architecturales. In Stordeur D (ed) El Kowm 2 : une île dans le désert â€" La fin du néolithique précéramique dans la steppe syrienne.CNRS Editions, Paris, pp. 87â€"94
        >
        > -Vallet R (1997) Habuba Kebira ou la naissance de l’urbanisme. Paleorient 22/2:45â€"76
        >
        > -Stone E, Zimansky P (2004) The Anatomy of a Mesopotamian City. Survey and Soundings at Mashkan-shapir. Eisenbrauns
        >

        > Best Regards,
        >
        > Aldo Tamburrino
        > University of Chile

      • aren
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2013
          Aldo,
          Perhaps this reference will interest you:
          Sumaka'i Fink, A. 2008. Levantine Standardized Luxury in the Late Bronze Age: Waste Management at Tell Atchana (Alalakh). Pp. 165–95 in Bene Yisrael: Studies in the Archaeology of Israel and the Levant during the Bronze and Iron Ages in Honour of Israel Finkelstein, eds. A. Fantalkin and A. Yasur-Landau. Culture and History of the Ancient Near East 31. Leiden: Brill.

          Aren Maeir
          gath.wordpress.com
        • Mohsen Heidary
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 11, 2013
            Dear all
            I need this reference below.please everyone have this
            PDF send for me.
            With best wishes.

            Zagarell,
            Allen 1975, Nomad and settled in the Bakhtiari Mountains,  a journal
            for empirical ethno-sociology and ethno-psychology, vol. 25, p. 127-138.

            mohsen heydari
            Ph.D Candidate in Archaeology
            Department of ArchaeologyUniversity of Sistan and Baluchestan
            Zahedan, Iran