Archaeology of Salvation

  • Joe Zias
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2012
      Some 3 decades ago i excavated a late second century, undisturbed, Jewish tomb  here in Jerusalem, in which the young man was buried with a massive stone, brought in from the outside,  lying on his chest. According to Jewish law an individual dying while under a rabbinical ban 'minuda' is buried in such manner so as to be 'marked in such a way that when salvation comes he/she stands apart from the rest of the masses. The article is in English, if you wish the citation contact me off line and I will supply the reference.

      Joe

      Joe Zias www.joezias.com
      Anthropology/Paleopathology

      Science and Antiquity Group - Jerusalem