Re: P. Silberberg-Zilwer's work on the tombs excavated by Weill at Gezer

  • aren
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2012
      Since the last part of my last message came out as gibberish, I had quoted Zech 3:2: "is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?"

      Aren Maeir
      gath.wordpress.com
    • Joseph Weinstein
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2012
        Will small wonders never cease? Silberberg-Zilwer's study on the tombs
        excavated by Weill at Gezer is chock-full of useful information.

        Has anyone attempted to cross-correlate the artifacts studied by
        Silberberg-Zilwer with those published by Aren Maeir? I have gotten as
        far as realizing that Silberberg-Zilwer renumbered the tombs in
        chronological order, whereas the few provenance markings quoted by Maeir
        used the original tomb numbering. Consequently, Maier T.1 =
        Silberberg-Zilwer T.7 (LB II), Maeir T.3 = Silberberg-Zilwer T.8 (also
        LB II), Maier T.9 = SIlberberg-Zilwer T.9 (Iron). The items from these
        tombs largely correspond, and I have been able to identify a few others
        as well . However, there also seem to be items published by Maeir that
        do not appear in Silberberg-Zilwer's catalog at all, such as the three
        MB cylindrical juglets (Maeir 6.11, 6.12, and 6.17).

        --
        Joseph Weinstein
        Senior Technical Scientist