Re: SSEA/SÉÉA Scholars' Colloquium and Symposium update

  • societystudyegyptianantiquities
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 20, 2012
      The Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities/Société pour
      l'Étude de l'Égypte Ancienne38th Annual Symposium and Scholars'
      ColloquiumNovember 30th - December 2ndToronto, On. Canada
      Schedules for our Symposium and Colloquium days are now available for
      download at our website: www.thessea.orgFriday, November 30th -
      Scholars' Colloquium Day 1Saturday, December 1st - 38th Annual
      Symposium "CITIES IN THE SAND: Urban Life" in ancient Egypt" Sunday,
      December 2nd - Scholars' Colloquium Day 2, Papers in Honour of John S.
      Holladay
      Lyn Green, John Gee and V. TobinThe Society for the Study of Egyptian
      Antiquities/Société pour l'Étude de l'Égypte
      Anciennethessea@...
      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "societystudyegyptianantiquities"
      <the_ssea@...> wrote:

      > "CITIES IN THE SAND: Urban Life in Ancient Egypt"
      > Our 38th Annual Symposium
      >
      > Our Symposium topic for 2012 is "Cities in the Sand", an
      > examination of life in the towns and settlements along the ancient
      Nile.
      > This year we will be partnering with the Royal Ontario Museum's
      > Friends of Ancient Egypt to present a of international speakers who
      will
      > talk about recent discoveries about ancient urban life, including Dr.
      > Kathryn Bard (Boston University), Dr. Katherine Blouin (University of
      > Toronto at Scarborough), Dr. Krzysztof Grzymski (Royal Ontario
      Museum),
      > Dr. Sally Katary (Laurentian University), Dr. Miriam Muller
      (University
      > of Vienna), Dr., Nicholas Picardo (Harvard), and Nigel Strudwick
      > (University of Memphis). The event will take place on December 1st,
      > 2012 in the Eaton Lecture Theatre, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queens
      Park
      > Cres, Toronto, Ontario from 9am to 5pm.
      >
      > For more information, visit www.thessea.org
      >
      > Price: SSEA Members $80.00; Public $90.00; ROM Members $80.00;
      Students

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2012
        The Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities/Société pour
        l'Étude de l'Égypte Ancienne
        Annual General MeetingNovember 30th - December 2nd
        DAY 1 - 2012 SSEA Scholars' ColloquiumFriday, November 30, 2012 | 9:00
        amRoyal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen's ParkSchedule online at
        http://www.thessea.org/files/2012fridayschedule_final.pdfTo access the
        venue without paying museum entry, enter via the SouthEntrance of the
        ROM on Queen's Park Cres.

        ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of The SSEA/SEEAFriday, November 30, 2012 | 6:00
        pmRoom 323, 4 Bancroft Ave, TorontoTo renew or join, email
        info@...
        38th Annual Symposium:CITIES IN THE SAND: Urban Life in ancient
        EgyptSpeakers: Dr. Sally Katary, Dr. Krzysztof Grzymski, Dr.
        KatherineBlouin, Dr. Miriam Muller, Dr. Nigel Strudwick, Nicholas
        Picardo,Prof. Ian BeggSaturday, December 1, 2012 | 9:00 amEaton Theatre,
        Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen's Park, TorontoThis year we will be
        partnering with the Royal Ontario Museum'sFriends of Ancient Egypt to
        present an exciting lineup ofinternational speakers who will talk about
        recent discoveries aboutancient urban life. Schedule now online at
        www.thessea.org;downloadable booklets to
        followhttp://www.thessea.org/files/2012_symposium_schedule.pdfPrice:
        SSEA Members $80.00; Public $90.00; ROM Members $80.00; Students
        $40.00Register with the Royal Ontario Museum at their website or
        phone416-586-5797 [the Program ID is 8602] or email programs@...
        orat
        http://www.rom.on.ca/en/activities-programs/events-calendar/ssea-cities-\
        sand-urban-life-ancient-egyptTo access the venue without paying museum
        entry, enter via the SouthEntrance of the ROM on Queen's Park Cres.
        DAY 2 - 2012 SSEA Scholars' Colloquium -Papers in Honour of Dr. John S.
        Holladay, Jr.Sunday, December 2, 2012 | 1:00 pmEaton Theatre, Royal
        Ontario Museum, 100 Queen's Parkschedules online at
        http://www.thessea.org/files/2012sunday_schedule_final.pdfTo access the
        event, enter via the South Entrance of the ROM onQueen's Park Cres.
      • societystudyegyptianantiquities
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
          SCHEDULES FOR THE 2012 SSEA/SEEA SCHOLARS' COLLOQUIUM AND "CITIES IN THE
          SAND" SYMPOSIUM ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE All the abstract booklets and
          schedules for Friday through Sunday are available for download on the
          SSEA website news page:http://www.thessea.org/news.php#205If this link
          is not visible, go to www.thessea.org
          and may be read online at
          http://www.thessea.org/events.php?show=schedule&year=2012 Everything
          but one session of papers takes place in the ROM, entry via the Group
          entrance on Queens' Park.
          Dr. Lyn Green, Dr. V. Tobin, Prof. J. Gee forThe Scholars' Colloquium
          and Symposium Committees of the SSEA/SEEA