Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities Annual Meeting weekend

  • societystudyegyptianantiquities
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2012
      "CITIES IN THE SAND: Urban Life in Ancient Egypt"
      Our 38th Annual Symposium

      Our Symposium topic for 2012 is "Cities in the Sand", an
      examination of life in the towns and settlements along the ancient Nile.
      This year we will be partnering with the Royal Ontario Museum's
      Friends of Ancient Egypt to present a of international speakers who will
      talk about recent discoveries about ancient urban life, including Dr.
      Kathryn Bard (Boston University), Dr. Katherine Blouin (University of
      Toronto at Scarborough), Dr. Krzysztof Grzymski (Royal Ontario Museum),
      Dr. Sally Katary (Laurentian University), Dr. Miriam Muller (University
      of Vienna), Dr., Nicholas Picardo (Harvard), and Nigel Strudwick
      (University of Memphis). The event will take place on December 1st,
      2012 in the Eaton Lecture Theatre, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queens Park
      Cres, Toronto, Ontario from 9am to 5pm.

      For more information, visit www.thessea.org

      Price: SSEA Members $80.00; Public $90.00; ROM Members $80.00; Students
      $40.00

      Register with the Royal Ontario Museum at their website [
      http://www.rom.on.ca/programs/lectures
      <http://www.rom.on.ca/programs/lectures> keyword "sand"] or
      phone 416-586-5797 [the Program ID is 8602] or email programs@...
      <mailto:programs@...>

      2012 SSEA/SEEA SCHOLARS' COLLOQUIUM

      This year's Scholars' Colloquium will take place on The Royal
      Ontario Museum, 100 Queens Park Cres. Friday, November 30th (Day 1)
      will take place from 9am to 5pm. Day 2 will be devoted to papers
      dedicated to Dr. J.S. Holladay, Jr. and will take place from 1pm to 5pm
      in the Eaton Theatre of the Royal Ontario Museum. Schedules for both
      days of this event will be available later this month.

      Posted by Dr. Lyn Green, Dr. John Gee and Dr. V. Tobin
      for The Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities/Société pour
      l'Étude de l'Égypte Ancienne
      thessea@...
      www.thessea.org

    • societystudyegyptianantiquities
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2012
        The Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities/Société pour
        l'Étude de l'Égypte Ancienne38th Annual Symposium and Scholars'
        ColloquiumNovember 30th - December 2ndToronto, On. Canada
        Schedules for our Symposium and Colloquium days are now available for
        download at our website: www.thessea.orgFriday, November 30th -
        Scholars' Colloquium Day 1Saturday, December 1st - 38th Annual
        Symposium "CITIES IN THE SAND: Urban Life" in ancient Egypt" Sunday,
        December 2nd - Scholars' Colloquium Day 2, Papers in Honour of John S.
        Holladay
        Lyn Green, John Gee and V. TobinThe Society for the Study of Egyptian
        --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "societystudyegyptianantiquities"

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 24, 2012
          The Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities/Société pour
          l'Étude de l'Égypte Ancienne
          Annual General MeetingNovember 30th - December 2nd
          DAY 1 - 2012 SSEA Scholars' ColloquiumFriday, November 30, 2012 | 9:00
          amRoyal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen's ParkSchedule online at
          http://www.thessea.org/files/2012fridayschedule_final.pdfTo access the
          venue without paying museum entry, enter via the SouthEntrance of the
          ROM on Queen's Park Cres.

          ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of The SSEA/SEEAFriday, November 30, 2012 | 6:00
          pmRoom 323, 4 Bancroft Ave, TorontoTo renew or join, email
          info@...
          38th Annual Symposium:CITIES IN THE SAND: Urban Life in ancient
          EgyptSpeakers: Dr. Sally Katary, Dr. Krzysztof Grzymski, Dr.
          KatherineBlouin, Dr. Miriam Muller, Dr. Nigel Strudwick, Nicholas
          Picardo,Prof. Ian BeggSaturday, December 1, 2012 | 9:00 amEaton Theatre,
          Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen's Park, TorontoThis year we will be
          partnering with the Royal Ontario Museum'sFriends of Ancient Egypt to
          present an exciting lineup ofinternational speakers who will talk about
          recent discoveries aboutancient urban life. Schedule now online at
          www.thessea.org;downloadable booklets to
          followhttp://www.thessea.org/files/2012_symposium_schedule.pdfPrice:
          SSEA Members $80.00; Public $90.00; ROM Members $80.00; Students
          $40.00Register with the Royal Ontario Museum at their website or
          phone416-586-5797 [the Program ID is 8602] or email programs@...
          orat
          http://www.rom.on.ca/en/activities-programs/events-calendar/ssea-cities-\
          sand-urban-life-ancient-egyptTo access the venue without paying museum
          entry, enter via the SouthEntrance of the ROM on Queen's Park Cres.
          DAY 2 - 2012 SSEA Scholars' Colloquium -Papers in Honour of Dr. John S.
          Holladay, Jr.Sunday, December 2, 2012 | 1:00 pmEaton Theatre, Royal
          Ontario Museum, 100 Queen's Parkschedules online at
          http://www.thessea.org/files/2012sunday_schedule_final.pdfTo access the
          event, enter via the South Entrance of the ROM onQueen's Park Cres.
        • societystudyegyptianantiquities
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
            SCHEDULES FOR THE 2012 SSEA/SEEA SCHOLARS' COLLOQUIUM AND "CITIES IN THE
            SAND" SYMPOSIUM ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE All the abstract booklets and
            schedules for Friday through Sunday are available for download on the
            SSEA website news page:http://www.thessea.org/news.php#205If this link
            is not visible, go to www.thessea.org
            and may be read online at
            http://www.thessea.org/events.php?show=schedule&year=2012 Everything
            but one session of papers takes place in the ROM, entry via the Group
            entrance on Queens' Park.
            Dr. Lyn Green, Dr. V. Tobin, Prof. J. Gee forThe Scholars' Colloquium
            and Symposium Committees of the SSEA/SEEA