re: literature on holiness of land in the ancient near east?

  • aren
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2012
      Can anyone provide references to literature that deals with the concept of holiness/sacntity of countries in the ancient near east?

      Thanks
      Aren Maeir
      Unholy at Gath
      gath.wordpress.com
    • Edrey, Meir
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 12, 2012
        Hello Prof. Maeir,

        I believe you can find some interesting concepts in books and articles on geography, landscape and religion.
        See for instance this book:
        http://www.google.de/books?hl=iw&lr=&id=NsIzwBRdmFoC&oi=fnd&pg=PR9&dq=geography,+landscape+and+religion&ots=YPq0LJKIE3&sig=6JUrQAVRmctn5iF7QrjmHGnWGfM&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=geography%2C%20landscape%20and%20religion&f=false

        Best,
        Meir Edrey.
        Mainz

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2012