Monuments of Syria: A Window on Syria's Past by Ross Burns

  • Charles J
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2012
      For a visual introduction to Ross Burns' two books on the history and archaeology of Syria, see:

      http://ancientworldonline.blogspot.com/2012/10/monuments-of-syria.html

      and see also the link to his flikr page sampling his archive of 70,000 photos taken over the last 40 years .

      -Chuck Jones-
      ISAW - NYU
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2012
        I sincerely hope that some of these places are left, when the war is over. Today it was the Umayyad mosque in Aleppo that burned. Maybe this material us more needed than before.

        Niels Peter Lemche