colloquium announcement

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2012
      I am exceedingly pleased to announce that, following our colloquia with
      Jodi Magness and Avraham Faust, Eric Meyers of Duke University will be
      our guest on the biblical studies list
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/biblical-studies/> to discuss his new
      volume, 'Alexander to Constantine
      <http://yalepress.yale.edu/yupbooks/book.asp?isbn=9780300141795>'.

      /Drawing on the most recent, groundbreaking archaeological research,
      Eric M. Meyers and Mark A. Chancey re-narrate the history of ancient
      Palestine in this richly illustrated and expertly integrated book.
      Spanning from the conquest of Alexander the Great in the fourth century
      BCE until the reign of the Roman emperor Constantine in the fourth
      century CE, they synthesize archaeological evidence with ancient
      literary sources (including the Bible) to offer a sustained overview of
      the tumultuous intellectual and religious changes that impacted world
      history during the Greco-Roman period./

      Professor Meyers will be joining us January 13-20, 2013. This will
      surely give those interested in taking part opportunity to get a copy of
      the book and fully digest it.

      --
      ++++

      Jim West, ThD