Egyptologi cal Semina r of the H ellenic In stitute of Egyptolog y & Future Conferenc e Announce ment‏

  • Amanda-Alice Maravelia
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2012
      Dear Colleagues & List-Members:

      We are pleased to present the following information:

      1. A Call for interest about a Conference that we are planning to organize in Athens next Autumn (2013) under the
      preliminary title: ANCIENT & MODERN EGYPTIAN LITERATURE: OPPOSITE OR COMPLEMENTARY POLES-ROLES?
      We are looking forward to your ideas and participation with original papers, based on an interdisciplinary axis.
      Astronomical elements in ancient Egyptian literary works will also be examined. Religious hymns, considered as
      virtual literary creations, may also be considered.

      2. The 2nd Cycle of the Egyptological Seminar of the Hellenic Institute of Egyptology is going to start on Friday
      26th October in Athens. After a very successful 1st Cycle (held at the very modern premises of the Library of the
      Holy Archdiocese of Athens: March 2012-September 2012) with more than 60 participants, who have been taught
      the basics of ancient Egyptian Grammar, History and Art, a new cycle is about to start very soon. We are looking
      forward to your participation!

      The Hellenic Institute of Egyptology strives to develop egyptological research projects and educate the general
      public and students (particularly of Arcaheology, History and Theology) in Athens, Hellas.

      Kind regards,

      Dr. Dr. Amanda-Alice Maravelia

      Hellenic Institute of Egyptology
      [http://hiegaker.wordpress.com]