colloquia

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2012
      I'm happy to announce that Jodi Magness has agreed to join us on the
      Biblical Studies List (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/biblical-studies/)
      for a colloquium (discussion) on her just published volume,/The
      Archaeology of the Holy Land: From the Destruction of Solomon's Temple
      to the Muslim Conquest/. It's available in paperback from Amazon for
      $28. A bargain.

      Our discussion will take place/November 1-10/and if you would like to
      take part,- Get the book, and read it. Then, when the time comes, you'll
      have the opportunity to interact with Prof. Magness and other leading
      scholars on the contents.

      I'm also pleased to announce that Avraham Faust has agreed to join us on
      the List for a colloquium scheduled for/December 2-10/. His book, also
      just published,Judah in the Neo-Babylonian Period
      <http://zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com/2012/09/13/judah-in-the-neo-babylonian-period-the-archaeology-of-desolation-by-avraham-faust/>,
      is available from SBL.

      --
      +++++++