What bank of the Nile was Memphis on in the 18th Dynasty?

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2012
      I was doing some research and could use a little help. Some sources indicate that the city was founded on the east bank of the Nile and that the river eventually moved past it to the east. My usual sources are vague on the point of how the Nile progressed eastward. Does anyone know of a source that addresses this?

      Thank You,

      Robert McRoberts
      Coatesville PA.