Re: [ANE-2] Question about lawgiving

  • Simeon Chavel
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 17, 2012
      Btw, Yigal, in addition to Martha Roth's convenient edition of ANE law collections, Meir Malul now has one out in Hebrew (קובצי הדינים, הוצאת פרדס, 2010).
      Simi
      —————————————————————
      Simeon Chavel
      Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible
      The University of Chicago Divinity School
      tel.: +1.773.702.6387
      AIM: simichavel / Skype: sbchavel
      http://divinity.uchicago.edu/faculty/chavel.shtml

    • Graham Hagens
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 20, 2012
        Keeping the perspective wide might also involve addressing the more complex question of the influence of  the Zoroastrian oral traditions on  Persian civic law.  The Zoroastrian religious laws which so influenced Judeo-Christianity were of course believed to have been dictated  to  Zoroaster by one of  Ahura Mazda's messengers,  Vohu Mana.

        Graham Hagens
        Hamilton, ON