question re: US Federal funding for archaeological projects published in AJA

  • Charles E. Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2012
      Could those of you who have conducted archaeological projects partly funded by
      the US government (NEH etc.), or by other funding organizations with open access
      mandates or requirements, and who are publishing (or who have published) results
      from the project in the American Journal of Archaeology or Archaeology magazine,
      let me know? We trying to see how common this practice is.

      -Chuck Jones-
      for the AIA task force on open access
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2012
        I couldn't see from Judith Weingarten's lengthy posting what the problem is.

        Many journals in most fields become freely available on line (at the library at least; from home even without academic affiliation for some) within a fairly short time of publication -- some 6 months, some 1 year, some a few years. (Obviously in some fields the material becomes more "stale" sooner than in archeology.)
        Jersey City