ASOR Blog Theme: Fakes, Looting, and Artifacts Lacking Contex

  • Charles E. Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2012
      The ASOR Blog (asorblog.org) is pleased to announce a new “theme” for the
      month of April—Unprovenanced Artifacts and Possible Forgeries. The ASOR Blog
      will continue to post other items of interest that are submitted by the ASOR Staff
      and ASOR Members, but (just like we did in March) we will solicit posts on the
      “theme” for the month and also encourage unsolicited submissions on the theme
      from our membership. The guest editors for the month will be ASOR executive
      director Andy Vaughn (asored@...) and Professors Lynn Swartz Dodd
      (swartz@...) and Christopher Rollston (crollston@...). Submissions
      should be sent to Andy Vaughn with a CC to Kevin Cooney (asorpubs@...).
      http://asorblog.org/?p=2108

      Morag M. Kersel has contributed "Buyer Beware: Shopping for Artifacts in the
      Holy Land"
      http://asorblog.org/?p=2132

      There is a report on the ASOR Annual Meeting session "The Secondary Context
      Workshop: A Report"
      http://asorblog.org/?p=2160

      Christopher A. Rollston and Toyozo Nakarai have contributed "Forging History:
      Motives, Methods, and Exemplars od Forged Texts"
      http://asorblog.org/?p=2170

      Comment on these posting and contributions to the debate are welcome.

      -Chuck Jones-
      CHair, ASOR COP