SV: [ANE-2] Censorship on the menu

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2012
      As one of my co-moderators reacted: A bit grumpy?

      Maybe I was overreacting. When people are back from Easter, we might discuss this. A couple of messages are still pending. It might be an idea to have a second look.

      Grumpiness comes from the reading of too much nonsense within biblical studies. Personally, it is the use of Jan Assmann's idea of cultural memory that makes me grumpy, especially because biblical scholars are identifying his idea with Maurice Halbwachs' notion of cultural memory. It has forced to rediscover my French simply because the most sensible thing about Halbwachs are exclusively in French.

      But that is another matter.
      More relevant is the constant burden of being alert. You wouldn't believe how much trash we and especially I have been censuring out, mostly relating to the Bible. When opening this list, we--listowner and moderators--agreed of definite limits to what we wanted to discuss here. Censorship is therefore a part of the trade of being a moderator.

      Niels Peter Lemche