Call for Papers: Archaeological Research in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq

  • Konstantinos Kopanias
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2012
      */Archaeological Research in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq

      /*

      /1st Circular Letter/
      /
      /Dear Colleagues,

      we are happy to inform you that an International Conference with the
      title: "Archaeological Research in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq" is
      being planned to take place in *November 1st - 3rd 2013* in Athens, Greece.

      Purpose of the Conference is to offer to scholars of different
      disciplines, who work (or intend to work) in the Kurdistan Region of
      Iraq and in adjacent areas (Eastern Syria, SE Anatolia), a forum for the
      presentation of new finds and the discussion of results from their field
      work in all periods, from the Prehistoric up to the Islamic. We strongly
      encourage the participation of as many researchers as possible from the
      various archaeological projects, with papers devoted to the detailed
      presentation of particular find categories, such as Pottery, Lithics,
      Texts, Archaeo-Environmental material etc. The Proceedings of the
      Conference are going to be published in English and we hope that they
      are going to serve as a reference work for the history of an area that
      still remains largely a terra incognita from the archaeological point of
      view.

      Applications for papers are invited. In the first instance please
      contact Konstantinos Kopanias (kkopanias@...) or John MacGinnis
      (johnmacginnis@...) with a short title of the proposed paper. Once
      accepted we will then ask for a 200 word summary. All papers should be
      in English and no longer than 20 minutes, with a further 10 minutes
      planned for discussion. For confirmed speakers low cost (possibly free)
      accommodation should be available.

      More information will be available here:

      http://arbela.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=14&lang=en
      <http://arbela.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=14&lang=en>

      Dr. Konstantinos Kopanias
      University of Athens