Re: [ANE-2] Press release on the looting of El Hibeh Egypt

  • George F Somsel
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2012
      Charles E Jones wrote:  "Massive looting of archaeological sites in Egypt continues as security forces turn a blind eye to thugs plundering Egypt’s cultural heritage.

      After Egypt’s revolution, priceless artifacts were stolen from the nation'sworld-famous Egyptian Museum in Cairo as well as from innumerable storehouses scattered throughout the country."

      This, and the looting in Baghdad,  is a good argument for the dispersal of such archaeological treasures from such unstable regions in other countries rather than repatriation to their countries of origin.  If they truly value their heritege, they should protect it.

      george
      gfsomsel

      search for truth, hear truth,
      defend the truth till death.