Re: [ANE-2] Re: "tempio poliadico"?

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 7, 2012
      I am not questioning the Italian meaning. I am looking for a way to translate "tempio poliadico" into English, and "polyadic" is entirely out of the question, both because it is spelled with <y> and not <i> and because (with the one exception of a translation from Italian, where it goes unexplained) it does not have the relevant meaning -- it is a faux ami, and an accidental one (simply because Italian renders both Gk. poly- and Gk. poli- as <poli->).

      And unless some messages have failed to reach me, no one has offered any other example of "tempio poliade/ico."
      Jersey City