A note about Vicino Oriente online

  • Charles E. Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2012
      Following on from Alejandro Mizzoni's request (which I hope someone can help him with), I note that several volumes of Vicino Oriente were online from the middle of 2009 at: http://vicinooriente.selfip.com/drupal/. The first announcement I saw of it was (and remains) at:
      http://www.archaeogate.org/vicino_oriente/article/1158/1/on-line-la-versione-digitale-della-rivista-vicino-orien.html

      My record (now inactive) for it in AWOL has the note: "Posted 7/26/09, updated 6/13/10. When I first listed Vicino Oriente in AWOL (7/26/09), only volumes 8 (1989) - 13 (2007) were available for download. As of this week the full run is there 1 (1978) - 13 (2007). Unfortunately volumes 1 and 2 of the Quaderni are no longer on the site, but volume 3 is".

      After making queries without response to editorial staff and others at La Sapienza, I withdrew the record from AWOL in mid-2011.

      Sadly, the versions archived by the Internet Archive are only superficial and do not include the full content.

      It is unfortunate that a publication as interesting and useful as Vicino Oriente is no longer available online.

      If anyone has news of its fate, or knows another online source, please let me know.

      -Chuck Jones-
      ISAW - NYU
    • Charles J
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2013
        Vicino Oriente has reappeared with vols. 8/1989 - 15/2011 currently available online open access:
        http://ancientworldonline.blogspot.com/2013/01/open-access-journal-vicino-oriente.html

        -Chuck Jones-
        ISAW - NYU