a new study on Linear A

  • enrica.patria@tin.it
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2011
      Dear listmembers,
      seeing as this is not a topic in which you may have a direct interest, I would be very grateful if you would visit my site www.enricapatria.com
      Here you will find a new approach to Linear A, which is based, above all, on the writing system and underlines various points of contact with the Mesopotamian writings. Studying the single signs and comparing their occurrences, I have found that a word such as i-nu-ma-re (ZA4a,5-6 etc.) must be read Inu-maRE, i. e. RE of the sacred nu-ma= attendant (RE) of the sacred (I) nom®, pasture (nu-ma); that ma-ka-i-ta (PK1,8) must be read ma-kaITA i.e. sacred (I) slave (TA= y®w) of M‹xa the goddess of the battle (see Hsch maxht®w : strathgñw, military leader; that i-ku-ju-ti (ZA6b,1), must be read Iku-juTI i.e. payment (TI) of the sacred koÝon, pledge (from ko¡v, Hsch); etc.
      I believe that the pages 20-24 could be of interest for you.
      Many thanks
      Enrica Patria