Re: [ANE-2] Re: Women in Mesopotamia

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
      I would also recommend three authors. Sarah Pomeroy (Goddesses, Whores,
      Wives, and Slaves; Women in Classical Antiquity), Raymond Westbrook (Old
      Babylonian Marriage Law; Enforcement of Morals in Mesopotamian Law) and
      Rivka Harris (Independent Woman in Ancient Mesopotamia). Each also has a
      considerable corpus in the Journals.

      Jack Kilmon

    • sbudin@camden.rutgers.edu
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2011
        Dear All,

        Thanks to everyone who wrote offering bibliography. It seems that
        no such general book exists, but there are materials for pulling
        together various articles and chapters to fill the niche.

        Many thanks!
        Stephanie Budin
        Rutgers University, Camden