Re: OCR & Semitic-language diacritics

  • Chris Hays
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2011
      I believe ABBYY FineReader would work for you. Its language support is very good. I've used it even to OCR Hebrew texts (i.e. Modern Hebrew; I don't think it can handle vowel points), and the results are respectably good, if not perfect:

      http://finereader.abbyy.com/recognition_languages

      CBH

      --

      Christopher B. Hays
      D. Wilson Moore Assistant Professor of Ancient Near Eastern Studies

      Ancient Near Eastern Studies at Fuller:
      http://www.fuller.edu/ancientneareast/
      www.facebook.com/Fuller.ANE