FINAL CFP: Materials and Materiality - BU Grad Student Forum

  • Allison Cuneo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2011
      Apologies for cross-posting:

      The Graduate Student Association of the Boston University
      Department of Archaeology is would like to announce the
      FINAL call for papers for the Tenth Biennial Graduate Student Forum
      on February 17-19, 2012. The title of this year's conference is
      "Found objects, past lives: archaeological perspectives on material and
      materiality".

      Our keynote speaker is Dr. Carl Knappett, Walter Graham / Homer Thompson
      Chair in Aegean Prehistory at the University of Toronto.

      Topics for discussion could include, but are not limited to:
      -The role of material culture in past societies
      -Theoretical approaches to material agency
      -Interpreting and exhibiting artifacts
      -Artifact databases and collections management
      -Scientific analysis of cultural assemblages

      For consideration, graduate students should submit a 250-word
      abstract on our website by December 15, 2011:
      http://www.bu.edu/archaeology/2012-bu-graduate-student-forum/
      <http://www.bu.edu/archaeology/2012-bu-graduate-student-forum/>
      Selected participants will be notified by early January and the full paper
      will be due by February 1st. Paper presentations will be 20 minutes in
      length.
      There is no registration fee for this conference.

      We kindly request that faculty and graduate students forward this message
      to interested parties and related university departments.
      You can also download a pdf of our CFP for display in your department here:
      http://www.bu.edu/archaeology/files/2011/10/2012_BU_GSF_CFP.pdf
      <http://www.bu.edu/archaeology/files/2011/10/2012_BU_GSF_CFP.pdf>
      If you have any questions, please direct them to:

      Graduate Student Conference Committee
      Department of Archaeology, Boston University
      675 Commonwealth Avenue
      Boston, MA 02215
      bu.archaeoconf.2012@...

      Best,