Re: [ANE-2] Damqatum 7 (2011)

  • drbrucekgardner@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2011
      Thank you for this access to Damquatum. In my case, I downloaded editions
      1-4 but the site claimed not to recognise the request for 5-7, in English
      or Spanish. Has anyone else had the same difficulty?

      Thank you.

      Bruce Gardner.
      Aberdeen UK.

      fcentola@... writes:

      The Centro de Estudios de Historia del Antiguo Oriente (CEHAO), Pontifical
      Catholic University of Argentina, announces the publication of Damqātum -
      The CEHAO Newsletter, Volume 7 (2011).

      As usual, versions in English and Spanish are available.
      The English version is available completely free at the CEHAO website: <
      _http://www.uca.edu.ar/damqatum_ (http://www.uca.edu.ar/damqatum) >

      Contents:

      p. 03. Sinai Project / Silvia Lupo
      p. 16. Reflectance Transformation Imaging (RTI) and Ancient Egyptian
      Material Culture / Kathryn Piquette
      p. 21. When the Egyptians made the history, and not the Pharaoh! / Heba Abd
      El Gawad
      p. 22. Stop! Let’s Protect Nubia / Carolina Quintana
      p. 23. Ancient Near East Monograph Series / Alan Lenzi
      p. 26. The Lost Scroll: A Play for Children / Joyce Tyldesley

      From the New Editors:

      Damqātum is an electronic publication, freely available since 2006 both in
      English and in Spanish.
      Even though it is an institutional newsletter, as incoming editors we
      intend to broaden the scope of published material. For this reason we have
      decided to implement several editorial changes in content and layout,
      seeking to maintain the high scholarly standard set in the previous
      volumes. These improvements were thought to:

      1. Create and reinforce scholarly connections between local universities
      and foreign institutions related to Ancient Near Eastern Studies.
      2. Increase the diffusion of scholarly meetings and research carried out in
      Argentina and Latin America.
      3. Facilitate the access to a large range of information (articles,
      research projects, conferences, courses, new insights and discoveries) in a
      bilingual format, to reach an even wider readership.

      Therefore, we encourage the scholarly audience to get in touch with us and
      send individual or multi-author contributions.

      Francisco Céntola - Virginia Laporta
      Editors