Re: SV: [ANE-2] Exodus proof? (was: Elephantine Aramaic Papyri)

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 9, 2011
      George,

      We have to be careful lest our incredulity becomes mistaken for evidence.

      R. Brian Roberts
      Charlotte, NC

      Sent from my iPod

      On Oct 9, 2011, at 3:57 AM, George F Somsel <gfsomsel@...> wrote:

      > One other point to note in addition to NPL's: When an army crosses the desert, it's object is to reach the other side as quickly as possible. The Exodus account speaks of 40 years of wandering in the wilderness with prolonged stays in certain areas. One would think this would leave some evidence.
      >

      > george
      > gfsomsel
      >
      > … search for truth, hear truth,
      > defend the truth till death.
      >
      > - Jan Hus
      > _________
      >
      > >________________________________

    • R. Lehmann
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 10, 2011
        The 10th Mainz International Colloquium on Ancient Hebrew (MICAH) will take place October 2011, friday to sunday 28th-30th,
        at the Johannes-Gutenberg-University of Mainz, Germany:
        http://www.micah.hebraistik.uni-mainz.de/eng/204.php

        Topics cover the Ancient and Classical Hebrew, i. e. Epigraphic and Biblical Hebrew, as well as adjacent languages and epigraphics,
        as for instance Phoenician & Punic, Old and Imperial Aramaic, and the ancient Transjordan languages.

        The program schedule is online now:
        http://www.micah.hebraistik.uni-mainz.de/eng/115.php

        For participation, we request a fee of 30 Euro, which is due onsite. This includes the conference binder, abstracts, badge, free WLAN access onsite, and refreshments. We are sorry that because of misuse by certain alien cadgers at the last meetings, these benefits will only granted to those who wear an authentic conference badge.

        For proper preparation, we request a simple pre-registration e-mail to micah@....
        Looking forward to meeting you in Mainz soon.

        Reinhard G. Lehmann

        ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
        Dr. Reinhard G. Lehmann
        Academic Director
        Research Unit on Ancient Hebrew & Epigraphy
        FB 01/ Faculty of Protestant Theology
        Johannes Gutenberg-University of Mainz
        D-55099 Mainz
        Germany
        lehmann@...
        http://www.hebraistik.uni-mainz.de
        http://www.ev.theologie.uni-mainz.de/297.php
        Subsidia et Instrumenta Linguarum Orientis (SILO):
        http://www.hebraistik.uni-mainz.de/182.php
        10th Mainz International Colloquium on Ancient Hebrew (MICAH):
        http://www.micah.hebraistik.uni-mainz.de/204.php