Re: [ANE-2] Mittanni letter

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
      Wow! That's some big tablet!

      But what is that website? There doesn't seem to be any way to get to a homepage.

      (And it's pretty clear that the item identified as "the Mittani letter" at

       http://lila.sns.it/mnamon/index.php?page=Scrittura&id=51&cont=268&lang=en&PHPSESSID=fpxoeogttmuhz%c2%a0

      , which Google images also associates with wikipedia, isn't.)

      Mille grazie! (I don't know how to put that into Spanish.)

      >________________________________

    • Robert M Whiting
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
        On Mon, 3 Oct 2011, Peter T. Daniels wrote:

        > Wow! That's some big tablet!
        >
        > But what is that website? There doesn't seem to be any way to get to a
        > homepage.

        The website is <http://amarna.ieiop.csic.es/maineng.html> for the English
        version. There is a link to it on the ANE-2 group's home page Links >
        Cuneiform souces > Amarna texts > Amarna letters at the Vorderasiatiches
        Museum.

        <snip>

        Bob Whiting
        whiting@...

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
          Merci beaucoup.

          >________________________________

        • Robert M Whiting
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
            On Mon, 3 Oct 2011, Peter T. Daniels wrote:

            > Merci beaucoup.

            De nada. Alternatively, you can usually get to a website's home page by
            deleting the directory information (everything after the first "/") in
            your browser's address bar and redirecting your browser there. In this
            case, it brings up the home page in Spanish, but then you're only a click
            away from the English.

            Bob Whiting
            whiting@...

            > >________________________________

          • Charles E. Jones
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
              This Amarna resource appears to be the sole online survivor of a rather interesting set of tools which used to be at http://www.labherm.filol.csic.es
              under the collective title of "SAPANU: Publicaciones en Internet del Laboratorio de Hermeneumatica"

              When it first disappeared there were caches of it at Internet Archive, and I made links to them from Abzu, but they seem to have decayed as well. Searching Abzu for "SAPANU" will find you all those dead links.

              I'd be grateful for any information of what happened to Sapanu, and even happier for information on where they might be hiding on the web if they are.

              -Chuck Jones-
              ISAW - NYU

              > On Mon, 3 Oct 2011, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
              >
              > > Wow! That's some big tablet!
              > >
              > > But what is that website? There doesn't seem to be
              > any way to get to a
              > > homepage.
              >
              > The website is
              > <http://amarna.ieiop.csic.es/maineng.html> for the
              > English
              > version. There is a link to it on the ANE-2 group's
              > home page Links >
              > Cuneiform souces > Amarna texts > Amarna letters at
              > the Vorderasiatiches
              > Museum.
              >
              > <snip>
              >
              > Bob Whiting
              > whiting@...
              >
              > > >________________________________

            • George F Somsel
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
                There are missing tablets in the collection.  I have only tried a few, but immediately I note that EA151 and EA153 are not found.

                george
                gfsomsel

                … search for truth, hear truth,
                defend the truth till death.

                - Jan Hus
                _________

                >________________________________

              • Robert M Whiting
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
                  On Mon, 3 Oct 2011, Charles E. Jones wrote:

                  > This Amarna resource appears to be the sole online survivor of a rather
                  > interesting set of tools which used to be at
                  > http://www.labherm.filol.csic.es under the collective title of "SAPANU:
                  > Publicaciones en Internet del Laboratorio de Hermeneumatica"
                  >
                  > When it first disappeared there were caches of it at Internet Archive,
                  > and I made links to them from Abzu, but they seem to have decayed as
                  > well. Searching Abzu for "SAPANU" will find you all those dead links.
                  >
                  > I'd be grateful for any information of what happened to Sapanu, and even
                  > happier for information on where they might be hiding on the web if they
                  > are.

                  Sapanu is still there but it seems to be a shadow of its former self. See
                  <http://labherm.ieiop.csic.es/sapanu2004/>. The site seems not to have
                  been updated in quite some time.

                  Bob Whiting
                  whiting@...
                • Robert M Whiting
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
                    On Mon, 3 Oct 2011, George F Somsel wrote:

                    > There are missing tablets in the collection. I have only tried a few,
                    > but immediately I note that EA151 and EA153 are not found.

                    Yes, this is noted on the home page in the section entitled "The
                    photographs". To save you trouble in your search for truth, I quote the
                    following from there:

                    The letters from El-Amarna whose photographs are published are the
                    following (according to EA numeration): EA 2, 4, 6, 8, 11-13, 18, 20,
                    21, 24, 29, 33, 38, 42, 44-48, 50, 51, 54, 56-58, 60, 62, 65-68, 70-72,
                    76-81, 84, 89-93, 95-98, 103, 105-112, 115, 117-122, 126, 127, 129, 130,
                    133, 138, 140, 143-146, 152, 154-157, 159, 162-171, 173-175, 177-179,
                    181-183, 185, 186, 189, 192-194, 196, 200-204, 207, 208, 210-212, 214,
                    217-219, 221-223, 226, 229, 231, 232, 234, 237-239, 241-243, 246, 249,
                    253-255, 257-259, 263, 265, 266, 268, 271, 273, 275, 276, 279, 281, 283,
                    285-291, 295, 300, 302, 307-312, 317, 319, 321, 326, 329, 332, 334-339
                    and 381.

                    It goes on to say:

                    These and any other omissions will be rectified whenever possible.

                    The best-laid plans, etc., are often subject to institutional funding.

                    Bob Whiting
                    whiting@...

                    > >________________________________

                  • Giuseppe Del Monte
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 3, 2011
                      At 00.41 04/10/2011, you wrote:
                      >There are missing tablets in the collection. I have only tried a few,
                      >but immediately I note that EA151 and EA153 are not found.
                      >george
                      >gfsomsel

                      At <http://amarna.ieiop.csic.es/> there is only the Amarna Berlin
                      collection. EA 151 is at the British Museum; you can obtain a good photo of
                      it (as of other Amarna tablets at BM) at the site of the BM
                      <http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/search_the_collection_database/museum_number_search.aspx>;
                      EA 153 is at the Metropolitan Museum of Art; I know no digital photo of it,
                      nor of the Amarna collection at Cairo.

                      With best regards,
                      Giuseppe Del Monte

                      Prof. Giuseppe del Monte
                      Professore Ordinario di
                      Storia del Vicino Oriente antico
                      Dpt. Scienze storiche del mondo antico
                      Università di Pisa
                      via Galvani 1 - I-56100 Pisa
                      Fax 39-050-500668 - E-mail <gdelmonte@...>

                      -----
                      Nessun virus nel messaggio.
                      Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
                      Versione: 10.0.1410 / Database dei virus: 1520/3936 - Data di rilascio: 03/10/2011
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 4, 2011
                        Dear Alessandro,

                        Thank you for the French version of Jehasse -- I did not compare it with the English, but I will try to use it as a guide to the intent of the English. But how many changes are there between the two versions?

                      • Antonio Lombatti
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 4, 2011