Call for papers: Current Research in Egyptology XIII (CRE XIII)

  • Charles E. Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2011
      Sent on behalf of the organizers:

      We are pleased to announce that Current Research in Egyptology XIII (CRE XIII) will be held at the University of Birmingham, UK, from 27th-30th March 2012.

      We invite papers from postgraduate researchers and independent scholars studying Egypt and the Sudan, from the pre-historic to the Islamic periods. In keeping with last year’s conference, we hope to stimulate discussion on the multidisciplinary nature of Egyptology. Therefore, we also encourage papers from researchers in other disciplines, but whose research relates to the field of Egyptology. Themes may include, but are not limited to:
      • Architecture
      • Art History
      • Cultural Interaction
      • Current Fieldwork
      • Material Culture
      • Museum Studies and Site Management
      • Philology
      • Religion
      • State development
      • Trade and economy
      Presentations may be either:
      • 20 minute paper
      • A0 poster presentation

      Abstracts should consist of no more than 200 words and should be submitted by 31st October 2011 to organizingcommittee@.... You will receive an email confirming reception of your abstract. Confirmation of whether your paper has been accepted will be sent via email by 1st December 2011.
      For further information please visit our website at http://www.crexiii.co.uk, or visit us on Facebook (Current Research in Egyptology XIII) or on Twitter (@CREXIII). Alternatively contact us at organizingcommittee@....