New Lead Codices?

  • theodc25
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2011
      On my blog I have a post about more lead codices surfacing on the Jordanian antiquities market (with apologies for cross-posting).

      http://tinyurl.com/694h73j

      Owen Chesnut
      PhD Candidate
      Institute of Archaeology
      Andrews University
    • Thomas Verenna
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2011
        Glad you posted this, Owen. I sent this along to the email group dealing
        with the codices. As I noted on your blog, and Dan McClellan had noted
        elsewhere as well, the lettering is identical to those found on the tablets
        Elkington had sent around. David Meadows agreed that it does seem like a
        shop is stamping the lead (which might or might not be ancient). Thanks for
        keeping everyone in the loop.

        --
        Cordially,

        Thomas S. Verenna