New book:Culture, Chronology and the Chalcolithic

  • Ianir Milevski
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2011
      Culture, Chronology and the Calcolithic. Theory and Transition. Levant Supplementary Series 9. Council for British Research of the Levant and Oxbow Books. Oxford.

      by Jaimie L. Lovell and Yorke M. Rowan (eds.)

      Bibliographic info: x + 214 pages
      Cover: Hard
      ISBN: 978-1-84217-993-2
      Oxbow Books, 2011
      List Price: �40.00
      Web link: www.oxbowbooks. com
      Email: oxbow@...

      Contents

      1. Introduction: Culture, Chronology and the Chalcolitihic
      Yorke M. Rowan and Jaimie L. Lovell

      2. Chalcolithic Culture History: Ghassulian and Other Entities in the Southern Levant
      Isaac Gilead

      3. Ghrubba: Ware or Culture
      Zeidan Kafafi

      4. Changes in the Material Culture at Late Neolithic Tabaqat al-Buma, in Wadi Ziqlab, Northern Jordan
      Edward B. Banning, Kevin Gibbs and Seiji Kadowaki

      5. Continuity and Change - Cultural Transmission in the Late Chalcolithic-Early Bronze Age I: A View from Early Modi`in, a Late Prehistoric Site in Central Israel
      Edwin C.M. van den Brink

      6. Desert Chronologies and Periodization Systems
      Steven A. Rosen

      7. Newly Discovered Burials of the Chalcolithic and the Earlt Bronze Age I in Southern Canaan - Evidence of Cultural Continuity?
      Amir Golani and Yossi Nagar

      8. Societies in Transition: Contextualizing Tell el-Mafjar, Jericho
      Nils Anfinset, Hamdan Taha, Mohammed al-Zawahra and Jehad Yasine

      9. A Techno-Petrographic Approach for Defining Cultural Phases and Communities: Explaining the Variability of Abu Hamid (Jordan Valley) Early 5th Millennium cal. BC Ceramic Assemblage
      Valentine Roux, Marie-Agnes Courty, Genevieve Dollfus and Jaimie L. Lovell

      10. Development Trends in Chalcolithic Copper Metallurgy: A Radiometric Perspective Changed the World
      Aaron N. Shugar and Christopher J. Gohm

      11. Canaanean Blades in Chalcolithic Contexts of the Southern Levant?
      Ianir Milevski, Peter Fabian and Ofer Marder

      12. The Transition from Chalcolithic to Early Bronze I in the Southern Levant: A 'Lost Horizon' Slowly Revealed
      Eliot Braun

      13. The End of the Chalcolithic Period (4500-3600 BC) in the Northen Negev Desert, Israel
      Margie M. Burton and Thomas E. Levy

      14. The Later Prehistory of the Southern Levant: Issues of Practice and Context
      Graham Philip

      --
      Dr. Ianir Milevski

      Research Archaeologist - Israel Antiquities Authority
      Associate Fellow - W.F. Albright Institute of Archaeological Research

      Office: +972-2-5892208
      Home: +972-2-6482725
      Mobile: +972-52-4284274
      Fax: +972-2-5892238
      Email: ianirmilevski@..., ianir@...

    • Antonio Lombatti
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 21, 2011
        ... found in Jerusalem:

        http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-21/diggers-unearth-3-000-year-old-tablet-jerusalem-s-oldest-written-document.html?

        Antonio Lombatti
        http://www.antoniolombatti.it
        Parma, Italia
      • Jim West
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 21, 2011
          old news from last year. not sure why they're re-running it now- but
          it's not new.

          --
          +++++++
          Jim West, ThD
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 22, 2011
            They're running it again because the site is now open for public.

            Itay Zandbank,
            Israel