Re: [aramaic] Re: Aramaic on the radio

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2011
      What I found most interesting was that Jacki Lyden (as someone else spelled her)
      said she accidentally spilled coffee on the papers Ms. Stern was grading and
      glanced at them and said, "My, isn't that Aramaic?" (a) How would she even know
      about Aramaic, and (2) What does "Aramaic" look like? One might recognize Syriac
      or Mandaic at a glance, but then that's what one would say; if one saw Hebrew
      script, one would almost certainly have to read a few words to make the
      identification!
      Jersey City