The Venus Tablet of Ammisaduqa

  • Yigal Bloch
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2011
      Dear ANErs,

      I recall that about the last January announcement was made concerning the publication of a new book on the Venus Tablet of Ammisaduqa.
      However, I remember neither the title of the book nor the author's name. The only thing I do remember (vaguely) is that the book was probably published in the AfO Beiheft series.
      Does anyone know what this book was?

      With best regards,

      Yigal Bloch,
      Jerusalem

    • gtosiris@mpx.com.au
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2011
        On 6 May 2011 at 13:15, Yigal Bloch wrote:

        [snip]
        > I recall that about the last January announcement was made
        > concerning the publication of a new book on the Venus Tablet of
        > Ammisaduqa.
        > However, I remember neither the title of the book nor the author's
        > name. The only thing I do remember (vaguely) is that the book was
        > probably published in the AfO Beiheft series.
        > Does anyone know what this book was?
        [snip]

        Hi Yigal,

        The details are:

        AfO Beiheft 31: Joachim Mebert, Die Venustafeln des Ammi-saduqa und
        ihre Bedeutung fuer die astronomische Datierung der altbabylonischen
        Zeit. 179 pp. Vienna 2010. Euro 38.

        Regards,

        Gary Thompson
        Melbourne, Australia
        (No academic affiliation)
      • Yigal Bloch
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2011
          Many thanks to those who responded me, both on- and off-list.

          Yigal Bloch,
          Jerusalem