RE: [ANE-2] Crocodile and Ancient Egypt

  • Trudy Kawami
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 12:59 PM
      Biologically, it's a little difficult to take the 17th century account as fact. :) What wall paintings did your instructor show? That is, what tombs or what region did they come from? Perhaps the images merely showed the crocodile-headed deity Sobek, and someone naively assumed the rest of the story?

      Trudy S. Kawami, PhD
      Director of Research
      Arthur M. Sackler Foundation
      461 East 57th Street