signatures

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 18, 2006
      One of the ANE-2 protocols states:

      "Public postings to ANE-2 must include the full name of the contributor
      and some indication of social location and/or academic affiliation at
      the end of each post. Pseudonyms are not an acceptable substitute on
      ANE-2. Names and addresses as they appear in headers are not sufficient
      identification."

      So please remember to sign your posts!

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 19, 2006
        Dear Jeffrey

        Are you planning to follow the old ANE list practice of sending out
        weekly or bi-weekly lists of email contributions? I do hope so, as I
        found this the easiest way to keep up to date with events without
        drowning in individual emails clogging up the inbox until I had time to
        look at them. If you do, please transfer me to that status.

        That's not a criticism, thanks so much for taking on such an onerous
        task.

        Best wishes

        Jan
        --
        Jan Picton
        Secretary, Friends of the Petrie Museum (Friends Voicemail: 020 7679 2369)
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 19, 2006
          Dear Jan,

          > Are you planning to follow the old ANE list practice of sending out
          > weekly or bi-weekly lists of email contributions? I do hope so, as I
          > found this the easiest way to keep up to date with events without
          > drowning in individual emails clogging up the inbox until I had time to
          > look at them. If you do, please transfer me to that status.

          Why not choose the Daily Digest option?

          --
          Best, Mikey Brass
          MA in Archaeology degree, University College London

          - !ke e: /xarra //ke
          ("Diverse people unite": Motto of the South African Coat of Arms, 2002)
        • Jeffrey B. Gibson
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
            A reminder to those submitting unsigned or partially signed posts to
            ANE-2 that our protocols specifically state that:

            Public postings to ANE-2 must include the full name of the contributor
            and some indication of social location and/or academic affiliation at
            the end of each post. Pseudonyms and "handles" are not an acceptable
            substitute on ANE-2. Names and addresses as they appear in headers are
            not sufficient identification.

            So please ensure that your posts are signed in accordance with the
            above.

            Yours,

            Jeffrey Gibson

            --
            Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
            1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

          • Jeffrey B Gibson
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 11 9:04 AM
              I remind members once again that messages sent to the list that do not
              follow ANE-2 protocols regarding signatures will not be approved.

              Please review our protocols regarding signatures and then insure that
              your messages abide by them.

              Jeffrey Gibson

              --
              Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
              1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 27, 2010
                We've recently had a spate of messages from posters who are not adhering
                to our protocol on signatures which requires all posters ti ANE-2 to
                sign their messages with their full name AND an indication of where one
                is posting from and/or one's institutional affiliation.

                Please note that /messages which are not signed properly will *not* be
                posted to the List./

                Jeffrey

                --
                Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
                1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 20, 2010
                  We have once again had a raft of messages which are not signed according
                  to ANE-2 protocols. So I feel compelled to remind list members that
                  signatures must contain not only _/the full name/_ of the poster, but
                  /some _indication of where one lives and/or one's academic affiliation_/.

                  Remember, please, that messages that are not signed in this manner _will
                  not be posted to the List._

                  Yours,

                  Jeffrey Gibson

                  --
                  Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
                  1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 5, 2012
                    We have recently had a spate of messages sent to the list which have not
                    followed our protocol on how ANE-2 messages must be signed.

                    May I ask (again!) that all posters to ANE-2 review our protocol on how
                    properly to sign posts and then insure that your signatures to your
                    messages conform with what is set out there

                    Messages that do not abide by this protocol will not be posted to the list.

                    Jeffrey Gibson -- for the moderators.

                    --
                    ---
                    Jeffrey B. Gibson D.Phil. Oxon.